Andalusian Reality

andalusia was another "house of wisdom" - A forum for discussing :: Charles Le Gai Eaton | Martin Lings |Rene Guenon | Titus Burchkhardt | Frithjof Schuon |Seyyed Hossein Nasr :: mostly Philosophia Perennis and others Rumi | Tariq Ramadan | Muhammad Asad | Murad Hoffman | Ghazali

Monday, March 06, 2006

Muhammad Asad - The Message of the Quran
aka Leopold Weiss (Translator & Commentary )
Adobe - PDF - Entire Text

If I recall correctly, it was towards the end of grade 9, that I started reading, or let me say 'discovered' - "The Message of the Quran". On a particular day, I was highly stressed out, and something made me pick this book up. After reading for a while, like an Epiphany, all my despair, and stress vanished away. I felt that, now, for the first time ever, something about the Revelation resonated within me. It was a feeling unlike any other.

I felt Peace at last.

I devote this blog to that Jew's legacy.


Blog on Muhammad Asad's - The Road to Mecca

3 Comments:

  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger Francine in Belen said…

    What an impressive blog. Doing a search on "Essad Bey" and came upon your site accidentally, but then, there are no accidents, are there ... Good to find like-minded souls in the blogosphere

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger Francine in Belen said…

    What a beautiful blog. Came upon your blog by accident while searching for "Essad Bey". Good to know there are like-minded souls in the blogosphere

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger Hungry Traveller said…

    Thank you very much for the information left on my blog: One Moment in Time.
    Although born and raised within a muslim community, it was a while till I realised that much of what is being endorsed as Islamic are actually cultural rather then the word of Allah. No harm there until people insist that the cultural dogma IS Islam; this becomes harmful when we try to force one culture into another. I've personally seen this unfold before my very eyes. Alhamdullilah, the lesson was not lost on me. However, not everyone is lucky enough to go though life with the opportunity to learn this lesson from Allah. Its a tough lesson to learn, but one that elevates you to the next level of consciousness.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home