Andalusian Reality

andalusia was another "house of wisdom" - A forum for discussing :: Charles Le Gai Eaton | Martin Lings |Rene Guenon | Titus Burchkhardt | Frithjof Schuon |Seyyed Hossein Nasr :: mostly Philosophia Perennis and others Rumi | Tariq Ramadan | Muhammad Asad | Murad Hoffman | Ghazali

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Islam and the Destiny of Man
Author: Charles Le Gai Eaton
Blogger: Andalusian Reality * Philosophia Perennis

Islam and the Destiny of Man answered a lot of inner questions for me just when I was caught in the labyrinth of several trends, and to this day it continues to do so. Charles Le Gai Eaton has stroked up a masterpiece that is cohesive in content and form. This blend of Sophia, true to the annals of human history and thought cannot fail to impress the seeking mind.

The pages of this book are as richly interwoven as Eaton’s own background: He is Swiss born from an English extraction; along with a mother who grew up in France. The author’s experiences during childhood made him highly skeptical of everything. By the time he was at Cambridge he quit believing in God.

During the period that followed, his quest for symbolism along with his chance to meet L.H. Myers, T.S Eliot followed by Rene Guenon profoundly increased his ability to have his questions answered and in this intensification of understanding he met Martin Lings. The writings of traditionalists such as Frithjof Schuon further influenced Eaton. A certain key in unraveling perennial philosophy lies in the works of Gai Eaton.

No doubt - Islam and the Destiny of Man is highly effectual in conveying a sense of satisfaction to the reader, with an unmatched style and depth – you’ll want to read more about the return to the primordial state.

That was: Islam and the Destiny of Man - Charles Le Gai Eaton

6 Comments:

  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Andalusian said…

    Resources: 1985 edition is available on questia.com [ For questia account holders ]

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As salamu 'álaikum
    hmm... talk about being a book worm. You should start a book review section in some forum(s) somewhere rather than blogspot, that way it will reach a better mass audiance.

    Wa 'alaikumu salam wa rahmatullah.
    Goimalek

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger Andalusian said…

    Peace,
    Blogging enables me to save a lot of time.

    Appreciate your comment.

    :)

     
  • At 6:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you, it is great.

     
  • At 12:34 AM, Blogger Abdul-Halim V. said…

    Asalam-alaikum,

    I'm actually a bit new to blogging but I came across your page and thought it was interesting. I've actually also been into the traditionalists/perennialists for a while and think that they are generally pretty cool, at least they have certain features I like.

    At the same time, more recently I've tended to read things which gives me reservations about them. I think there are two sides to every story.

    I think it is possible to address many of the issues, but they are still there to be addressed...if that makes sense.

    anyway.. here is the link to the page i'd written about them..

    http://planetgrenada.blogspot.com/2005/04/perennialism-and-traditionalism.html

    And actually, an interesting discussion of similar ideas except from a Sufi/Ismaili framework can be found at:

    http://planetgrenada.blogspot.com/2005/04/metaphysics-of-interfaith-dialogue.html

    Anyway.. good luck..
    keep on blogging!

    Peace

    abdul-halim

     
  • At 12:10 AM, Blogger Andalusian said…

    Peace and Blessings,

    "At the same time, more recently I've tended to read things which gives me reservations about them. I think there are two sides to every story."

    I have to commend you for the well written blog on your part. I recall reading the "why i am not.." article some time ago, and it was thought provoking indeed. (The link on your blog )

    I've been reading traditionalist works for quite some time now, but I don't know whether I can call myself as one (yet) but I'm very interested on hearing from both sides.

    If it helps me in the sight of God, I'm glad I've come across some of their works but it is important to keep one's eyes open and remember that a philosophy may never be entirely correct in its own, but may serve a good purpose when considered within a well defined framework.

    I'm glad "hambra"( Andalusian Reality ) got to meet "planet granada" :)

    ~Peace Out
    Andalusian

     

Post a Comment

<< Home